Change is inevitable. Nothing is life has permanence. Growth = change. Our ability to adapt, to flex and bend with change is one of the greatest competencies for success. When we aspire to greater achievement this means we hope for greater change, but much of this change resides within yourself.
When you read a quote that resonates with you, write it down. Put it on the fridge door, on the corner of your computer screen, wherever you can see it. In the moments you strugle adjusting to the change, read your quote. Remind yourself the change is part of your growth, and these feelings are simply akin to a snake shedding its skin or fitness training. It may be painful but it’s part of becoming a better you.
1. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” – Winston Churchill
2. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius
3. “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” – W. Clement Stone
4. “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
5. “Do something wonderful, people may imitate it.” – Albert Schweitzer
6. “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
7. “It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.” – Edmund Hillary
8. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
9. “Begin anywhere.” – John Cage
10. “Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.” – Meister Eckhart
11. “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” – Ben Spock
12. “Do today what others won’t so tomorrow you can do what others can’t.” – Jerry Rice
13. “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
14. “Miracles happen everyday, change your perception of what a miracle is and you’ll see them all around you.” – Jon Bon Jovi
15. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
16. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
17. “Are you going to be a slave of your past failings, or a slave to your future potential?” – Nicola Mann
18. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
19. “The degree of responsibility you take for your life determines how much change you can create in it.” – Celestine Chua
20. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
21. “Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
22. “People don’t resist change. They resist being changed.” – Peter Senge
23.”I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” – Mother Teresa
24. “Maturity is when you stop complaining and making excuses, and start making changes.” – Roy T. Bennett
25. “Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.” – William Jennings Bryan
26. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates
27. “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” – Jim Rohn
28. “This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.” – Taylor Swift
29. “I have accepted fear as part of life – specifically the fear of change… I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back…. ” – Erica Jong
30. “You can’t change what’s going on around you until you start changing what’s going on within you.” – Zig Ziglar
The feelings associated with change can be scary. Try to push through the fog of fear you will find a new you and your success at the edge of it. Those first few steps are what matter the most.