Bucket lists are a curated list of things a person hopes to have experienced or accomplished during their lifetime. It allows us to reflect on our values and then identify important life milestones and experiences we want to achieve before the end of our lives. It can help us transform intentions into action, as bucket lists are a set of goals that will help us feel successful. Do you know how to make your own bucket list?
What Have You Always Wanted but Not Allowed Yourself?
Life presents so many responsibilities that we can easily forget our dreams and aspirations. When we were young, we thought about those dreams more often, even on a daily basis. Over time, we put these wanted experiences on the back burner, thinking that we were being more realistic. How can we rekindle the things we wanted and still want?
Questions to Ask to Create a Bucket List
When it comes to learning how to make your own bucket list, it can be beneficial to ask ourselves some questions to dig into who we are and what we want to achieve. One thing we can ask ourselves is, “Has she lived life to the fullest?” Also, looking at our core values will help make our bucket list more personal.
- What was your childhood dream, and do you still wish to fulfill this?
- If you knew tomorrow was your last day, what would you do?
- Do you have a hero you’d love to meet?
- Is there somewhere you’ve always wanted to visit?
- What impact do you want to make on the world?
- Have you ever wanted to do something for someone else?
- Is there an experience you wanted to feel?
- What do you put off but wish to accomplish?
- Is there a hobby you’ve admired but never attempted?
- What activity or skill would push you out of your comfort zone?
Remember, your list is yours. As long as it matters to you, it should be on your list. The important part is to come up with meaningful things to you as those will be the ones that will inspire you to get them accomplished.
Unsure where to begin, here are some useful websites and information that can further help. Have you fulfilled your dreams? If not, check these out.
This website lets you curate and grow your bucket list, as well as sharing it with others – if you so wish. You can also join their growing bucket list community to help anyone achieve their goals by opening up the floor to share experiences and lessons learned.
Inspired by the book “1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die”, two watch a movie from this book and discuss their thoughts. This is a good podcast for movie lovers.
This app, available on the Apple Store and Google Play, is an app that allows you to create all the “want to-do’s” in your life, allowing the chance to create personalized goals to be added.
With 569 ideas, FullyLived.com have you covered if you don’t know where to begin. The website began because of the owner wanting to complete a bucket list.
Forbes.com contributor Rhett Power created a list of 7 books that can aid or add inspiration for anyone’s growing bucket list. These books cover places to travel or things to do and are a great jumping-off point for anyone who loves travel but isn’t sure where to start.
Do Dreams Come True?
Yes, dreams most certainly do come true. You can learn how to make your own bucket list and live those dreams. There are so many accomplishments before death we know we want. So, in order to make these things a reality, it’s up to us. What are you waiting for? Go ahead and reach for the stars.
- Periyakoil, V., Neri, E. and Kraemer, H., 2018. Common Items On A Bucket List. [online] NCBI. Available at: <https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5946728Go />.
- Bailey, R., 2017. Goal Setting And Action Planning For Health Behavior Change.