Duration: 3 hrs 18 mins
A control device such as a smoke detector is crucial for safety in homes and offices. Similarly, there are numerous control devices across industry whose signals are used for informational purposes or sent to computerized controllers to be interpreted and used to control other devices and processes. This module takes a learner through the various principles and considerations surrounding process control and related devices.
Oil & Gas and Manufacturing Industries
- Recognize the need for control systems in process industry.
- Define analog and digital signals.
- Explain simple open and closed control loops.
- Explain the generation of control systems.
- Identify the control loop variables.
- Explain the concept and drawbacks of ON/OFF control.
- Explain the purpose of DCS for monitoring in a centralized location.
- Explain the purpose of alarms.
- Explain the priorities, actions and responses.
- Explain categories of alarms.
- Describe Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Explain the requirement of PLC.
- Describe the permissive.
- Explain Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS).
- Describe the layers of protection analysis criteria.
- Describe the various steps of assessing risks.
Created By: Human Logic