Duration: 39 mins
What you’ll learn
This lesson describes generator construction and explains some of the principles behind generator operation and process control.
• Identify the difference between induction and synchronous types of three-phase generators
• Recall the construction of a three-phase, two pole DC generator
• Recall how a sinusoidal waveform illustrates the number of amps produced over a given time
• Recall the operation of a synchroscope
• Identify the parameters to be controlled when placing the generator on the electrical grid